Sunday, August 21, 2011

Why I Think You Should Buy Your Christmas Gifts From Crafty People

It's not even September, but ever where I look, people are preparing for Christmas and Christmas sales.  So I've starting thinking about what I'll be doing for my friends and family this holiday.  I've already started plotting a list of things to sew and/or knit for them.  ^_^

If you haven't started thinking about your holiday shopping, let me make a suggestion for you.  Buy your gifts from crafty people!



These are examples of the great plushies that we have to offer on my online store. We also offer custom costumes and fashion.


There are many reasons that ordering holiday gifts from crafty people is a great idea.  However, the most important one that I can think of is that you'll be supporting small business.  I won't pretend to be a financial guru or anything, but I know that with the way things have been in the States over the last few years, we could all use a little help.  Supporting a small business owner is a great way to help us build up what we've lost.  Many people have lost their jobs and some of those people have started new businesses in the wake of those loses.  Buying one item from a small business means that they have more sales, which means they can spend more.  Spending more helps you in your job (maybe the person will buy from your company or from someone else that will then spend the money with your company) and helps other businesses grow as well.  It's a REALLY amazingly simple way to help others and yourself. 

It may cost a little bit more, but being able to make a purchase from a small business will also provide you with something unique that you can't get anywhere else.  You'll certainly make your friends and family happy when you get them something thoughtful and unique. 

I hope that when it comes time to shop, you'll give me and all of the other amazing artists out there a chance.  I'd love it if you looked through my store and then head over to all of the other amazing artists on both Etsy and Zibbet.

No comments:

Post a Comment