Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Little About Me

Here's a quick getting to know you list of interesting things about me. (I promise it's short and to the point. XD)

Where am I from? I was born in Rhode Island, that itty bitty state in New England that most people don't know exist.

How old am I?  I was born on the day that John Belushi died.  If you want to find that out then you'll know.  ^_~

When did you become a geek?  I don't know exactly what started it, but I've got a pretty good idea that I can point the finger at my mother.  She got me reading a lot at a young age, and we used to watch a lot of Star Trek:TNG.  It just spiraled from there.  I would wake up at 5 AM just to watch the next episode of Sailormoon on TV, even if I had already seen it hundreds of times.  I watched Star Wars and at age 13 did the silly thing of writing Mary Sue fanfiction.  The crafty part would come much later.

What was your first crafting passion? Cosplay.  I don't know why but I went to Otakon in 2000 and was amazed by all of the people in costume.  I vowed that I would do that too and it's been downhill ever since.  XD  I started out with closet cosplay and have been making my own costumes for the last 8 or so years.

Gilderoy Lockhart

Me as Gilderoy Lockhart several years ago. I had so much fun grinning like an idiot and signing autographs for everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment