Monday, August 15, 2011

Preparations for Dragon*Con

I'm busy sewing as much as possible in preparation for Dragon*Con (held in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend). This is more of a holiday for me than a convention. We've been going for years now and I'm really looking forward to it. We always have interesting costumes and generally just have a lot of fun. I'll be taking a lot of pictures while I'm there of my partner and our friends. I do a lot of the product photos for Moony Couture and we've got a lot of new costumes to showcase.

I do make some of my own costumes, so I thought I'd share the one I'll be working on next.  ^_^ 

I'm really not usually one to do girly costumes, in fact I mostly cosplay as male characters.  However, She-ra has been a childhood favorite of mine and I've been wanting to make this costume for years.  Well I'm finally going to do it.  My spouse even made a Shadow Weaver costume to go with me so I'll have someone to fight.  :)

I'll try to share some pictures as I get it put together.  I'm hoping that I won't look too ridiculous in the outfit.  If I can at least do her justice, I'll be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment