Friday, August 19, 2011

How to Get Started - Part 3

Pattern Help

Now that I have supplies and I've got artwork to base my design on, it's time to move on to cutting out the doll.  This will be my last stage of prep work.

The pattern that I use regularly is no longer available so I can't share that with you, but this great post from Plushie-Database on DeviantArt will help point you in the right direction. 

Sailor Chibimoon

Keep details in mind as you cut out your pieces.  Some items such as gloves or boots/stockings can be added to your body directly.  For example: Frank has thigh high fishnets.  These were sewn into the legs rather than adding them as a separate piece.  My Chibimoon plushie (seen above) had her boots sewn in and I added a ribbon trim afterwards to complete the effect.  Collars and other accessories may work better if they are added to the body directly.

Now it's time to get sewing.  Good luck!  If you have any projects that you complete, I'd love to see them.  Feel free to send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment